Day 386 Karaoke

 

Who the heck plans a party on a Monday night? That would be me! With weekends being over booked  I had no choice but to host a Karaoke party on a Monday night. I've never sang Karaoke before, never even had the desire, so clearly when my friends suggested we needed to have a night of bad singing and silly fun I was all in. I booked a professional karaoke DJ (if that's what they call themselves?) and was pleased to see a lively crowd arrive to partake in the fun. Everyone either sang or enjoyed the entertainment with enthusiastic applause for each performance. I loved singing with my beach club bestie, who actually has a great voice! We sang back up for another friend, who at 89 years young sang karaoke for the first time. He and I have already selected a song for next year, now I just have to learn the Tennessee Waltz so I can keep up. Tim was the hit of the night singing, the weight, by the band. His dad was known for having a great voice and would sing at every chance he got so Tim must come by it naturally. I'm not just saying he was great because I love him, he really was! He has an amazing voice and was a true crowd pleaser. I'm so proud he got over his nerves and sang and that his performance was met with thunderous applause. After I sang my first song (yes there were several) Tim told me I should hold the microphone further away so I don't scare people, its almost a compliment....if I dig deep enough I'm sure there's a compliment in there somewhere?! Even if Tim wasn't impressed with my vocal range he'd be the first to say I know how to throw a fun party! Sing with friends, be silly, have fun, after all, we only live once and since there were no videos taken, I'll add that I had the voice of an angel...after all, it's my story! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts