Day 389 Inspiration

 

Thrifting 101, shop with an open mind and be ready to bring home crazy things. As I browsed through a thrift shop the other day I came across this large stained glass panel. It captured my attention, although not my typical taste I thought it was beautiful. I immediately thought of Tim and how much he might enjoy this crazy piece in our home. When I walked in carrying it, that was pretty much his response, what is it and why? I immediately set to work hanging it up, afraid I'd break it before ever seeing it in place and the result...I love it. It fills almost the entire panel of the atrium door and gives privacy while still allowing the light to come in. It's colorful, unique, wild and was handcrafted by someone with great care. I'm not sure how much a piece like this might actually sell for, but Its worth every penny of the $120 I spent. Imagine being able to make such a thing? If I had enough skill to make a stained glass piece it would be priceless!! I love the crazy bird person at the bottom, not really sure what that's all about but it adds a bit of curiosity to the piece. Tim is having a big surgery this fall and won't it be nice for him to lay back and imagine himself back up and about, howling at the moon just like this wolf? A bit of inspiration is always a good thing. I'll be the bird holding him up until he's back on his feet. Having an open mind and a wild imagination sure does make life more interesting.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts