Day 390 Signature Apps

 

At the end of each summer season my beach club hosts a signature appetizer party and everyone brings their  best treats to share. People really outdo themselves bringing their A Game with delicious baked goods and there's an abundance of food fit for kings. I don't have a signature appetizer that I'm known for, not that I know of anyway. I typically make whatever inspires me in the moment so maybe my signature appetizer is more of a mystery app. I admit I searched Pinterest for easy recipe ideas and when I found this Key Lime Dip recipe I figured it had to be a hit and one that no one else would be making. I made the dip, put a scoop into individual containers putting a bit of lime zest on top of each one before placing the covers on. I packaged Nilla Wafers and Graham Crackers in little baggies for easy pick up and dipping. I'm a bit of a freak about open food, don't love a dip that sits out with everyone dipping into it or cooking that are stale in minutes. Tim and I had a great time tasting everyones dishes, visiting with friends and enjoying another beautiful summer night. I loved the chatter about how fun our Karaoke night was, everyone is already looking forward to it again next year and trying to come up with the best songs to sing. Since Tim was so good he's got more pressure to deliver a great performance again, phew, so glad I don't have that pressure. I absolutely love seeing how happy the older folks were with the evening, its not often they enjoy pure silliness. I hope to have many more silly nights with friends no matter what age I am. Signature appetizer night kicks off Labor Day weekend and begins the long goodbye to summer. The stores are already filled with Halloween decorations, candy and pumpkin spice everything. I'll embrace fall, but not yet. Maybe we need a welcome Autumn party September 22nd and everyone can bring a fall appetizer...that could be fun! 

Comments

  1. Your key lime pie dip idea was fantastic!! I will definitely steal that! Db

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts