Day 392 Sound of the ocean

 

Perfect beach weather for a long weekend, thank goodness. Since my son was taking off in the afternoon we had to get a few hours of beach time in before he left. It always makes me sad to see him leave, our visits are scarce and brief but I'm happy to have had one! It's only about a 7 hour drive to see him, but that is just a bit too far for a weekend and flights have become insanely expensive. The last time I flew down to see him, I woke up sick with covid day one and spent the entire visit in bed with him waiting on me, a heck of a guest I was! I'll have to visit him again soon and stay healthy this time! He doesn't mind the long drive and his young eyes can see at night so the dark driving works for him, that will change. My younger self never minded nighttime driving but my old eyes appreciate daylight travel. Kind of like rollercoasters, you never believe when you're young and love them that one day you won't be able to handle the thrill rides....then the day comes and you are shocked at your bodies response since your mind feels the same. I can handle not riding rollercoasters and I still drive at night, although I'm aware it takes more of a toll and a ton more concentration. Fortunately, beach days can be enjoyed at any age so I'll be found sitting on the sand for years to come even if my old eyes can't see I'll find my way there by listening for the sound of the ocean. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts