Day 396 Fancy People

 

In my next life I might be a RI tour guide, our little state is packed with spectacular views and cool places to visit. This photo was taken at Beavertail State Park in Jamestown, there's amazing hiking trails along the shoreline that weave in and out of brush and out around the lighthouse. It ended up being much more of a stroll than a hike due to the breathtaking views that had to be taken in but we managed to walk over two miles.  It was another sizzling hot day that made the ocean breeze a welcomed friend at every gust. I haven't been out to Beavertail since the spring, when the trails were muddy but the brush was covered by an extraordinary amount of monarch butterflies making it worth the muddy walk. People travel all over the world to see sites this beautiful, I couldn't help but feel fortunate to call this my home state? Our little state is packed with some of the most spectacular shorelines on the planet..this, I'm sure of. With temps over 90 degrees it was another hot September day. So hot that some of the schools cancelled for the afternoon. I don't ever remember schools being cancelled due to the high temps when I was a kid. I certainly was never accustomed to air conditioning, not sure I even knew it existed. September 11th of 1983 the temperature was over 100 degrees, I'm sure my parents and the teachers put fans in the windows but not much more. Although, I was a senior in HS then, so there's also a good chance I skipped school and headed for the beach. If it was hot back in the day we were lucky to have a fan in our bedroom, spoiled even. Our cars didn't have A/C  either so rolling our windows down, manually, was the only way of cooling down while driving. I admit now I too am a fancy person who appreciates A/C on a hot day both in my car and bedroom, my car even has air conditioned seats!!  We'll be wishing for these hot days soon, when we struggle for that perfect climate control with wood stoves or pellet stoves for fancy people. Living in RI we have the benefit of four seasons, each with their own beauty. We all have a favorite season, I'm sure you can guess I'm a summer gal. so I'll be in my glory for a few more weeks, especially on hot days. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts