Day 404 Mother Nature's Response

 

Wasn't it just two short days ago I bragged about being a sunrise person? Well, it didn't take long for Mother Nature to respond with one of the most stunning sunsets I've seen in ages, putting me in my place. Ok, ok, sunsets can be breathtaking too, especially when seen at the beach, isn't everything better at the beach? Tim and I were happy to bring our young German friends to our beach club for our Friday night get together. Remember my young German friends I met on Block Island last summer? Well, they are heading back to Germany this week and staying with Tim and I until then. They have been traveling throughout the United States, seeing more of our country than most Americans ever will. They entertained us with stories from their travels, the sites they've seen, the amazing wildlife they encountered and the uniqueness of the people nationwide. They have been sleeping in their car during their travels, something only a younger person finds charming. It makes me happy to have them all snuggled up comfortable in my guest room with a cozy blanket, pillow and soft mattress. I'm also thrilled to be able to spend their last week with them, showing them a bit more American hospitality, I think we might get a bad wrap globally. We will be busy these next few days, seeing a few more sites and having a bit more American fun. When they return to Germany I'm sure they will brag about how amazingly kind Americans are and how stunning our sunsets can be! I would be remiss if I didn't write that after that amazing sunset we were heading home and all set to arrive at a reasonable hour when Tim suggested we stop at our Elks Lodge and show our friends true small town America. Well, one thing lead to another, Karaoke was sung, the hours flew by and our reasonable time home flew out the window, oh well. Great times were had by all and fun memories made, isn't that what Friday night's are all about? Hopefully they will be able to take in a beachside sunrise before they head back, but for now, we'll be happy for a spectacular sunset, a comfortable bed and sleeping in on a cool morning. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts