Day 406 Redneck Vibe

 

Grabbing as much outside fun as I can before the summer weather is gone. Tim and I had marked our calendars to see one of our favorite bands, Heavy Rescue, at the Rathskeller's outback music venue. This was the band we chose for our wedding, a great dance band that plays a mix of music we both like. I wasn't sure we'd make it after our late night bowling but we surprised ourselves and rallied for the occasion. When we arrived we were greeted by Tims brother and his wife, then joined by another brother and a constant influx of friends. We ate burgers, chatted with friends, soaked in the warm afternoon sunshine and danced in the dirt. Our German guests enjoyed the American redneck vibe and of course the great music. It must be so strange to be in a foreign country listening to old music that you've never heard before. It was interesting to see what songs they knew and which ones they had never heard before. I can't imagine all the stories they will bring home about us crazy Americans. I'm glad they took the time to travel throughout our beautiful country, taking in as many varied experiences as possible. They have seen the best and the worst our country has to offer and I'm happy to say they loved coming back to RI. They have been super busy packing and weeding out their belongings for the trip home. Imagine packing after a year, I'm having a hard enough time packing for a two week vacation! Our trip will be here before we know it and I'm sure will fly by once we're traveling. Somehow fun times always seem to speed up time. The weekends go by in a flash and the weeks drag on...such is life. I'm grabbing a hold of the last few weeks of summer with all I've got, already planning next weekends adventures. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts