Day 412 Snapper

 

What does this tiny snapping turtle and me have in common? We moved at about the same pace all day! After getting my covid shot on Friday, my Saturday moved at turtle speed. I had a fever, chills and felt overall crappy, so much for my big packing plans! I managed to wash piles of laundry that Tim seemed to bring out of the woodwork. He has a habit of putting dirty clothes under a bench, not convinced they are actually dirty so they pile up with delusional expectations of them being worn again. I'm sure I rewash perfectly clean clothes along with the stacks of dirty ones, it's tough to tell once they all get mixed together. If you're wondering why Tim doesn't do his own laundry, that's a great question. He claims many skills but laundry has never been one of them. He has even secured my daughter as his official laundry folder if I die before him! I slept on the couch in between loads of wash, with Tim napping along with me throughout the day, he's good like that. This tiny snapper and I also pack a mean bite, as Tim became aware of when I needed lunch. Somehow getting me food or drinks as I lay there with feverish sweats wasn't on his radar. He responded quickly when I barked my lunch order and brought me a plate of food without a word of complaint, also bringing himself one to eat with me. It was a cold and rainy day so at least I picked a good day to stay inside and rest. Tim even wanted to build a fire but I shot that down since we still have A/C units in the windows. Poor Tim couldn't catch a break, cranky wife, household chores, having to provide lunch, exhausting! I barked at him to pack his clothes and once again he hit a road block. Searching the house he couldn't find his carryon bag. I pulled out my spare carryon for him to use, it's super cute with colorful owls all over it. Slightly mean but It makes me smile to imagine him walking through the airport with his girly bag, a visual of life's consequences. That little snapper and I might have the same temperament, especially when I'm not feeling well. Poor Tim was like a little minnow fish, unprepared for the snappers bite. Thankfully I'm feeling better, not sure Tim could have handled another day of caregiving or my less than pleasant demeanor. I guess that's why we lock in our spouses with the sickness and health vows. Moving at turtle speed I managed to get a few things accomplished, prep is done for another day of packing. I might even try and find Tims carryon now that I'm not as snappy. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts