434 Home Sweet Home

 

Home sweet home, with a bit of laundry but happy to be here. The travel home was long to say the least. Arriving at the airport in Marseille Friday morning at 10am and not arriving into Boston until Saturday night just before 9pm, adding another six hours of time change, is insane. I felt horrible on Saturday, but thought it was just exhaustion, the congestion and body aches continued throughout the day as I struggled to do laundry and minimal household chores. If I hadn't just taken two weeks off from work, I'd stay in bed for another day or two, sleep, rest and recovery are needed. I washed all my bedding and crawled into my bed by 6pm determined to feel better, or at least give it a fighting chance. I have so much to do now that I'm home and writing a letter to Air France is topping the list. I have no idea how their customer service will respond, but think they should step up and compensate Tim and I for our two day ordeal trying to get home. I'll wait until I'm feeling a bit better to craft the letter, but it will be a doozie. Air Canada also left us hanging for more than 5 hours so they may get a write up as well. Vacations are wonderful but traveling takes its toll. Now that I'm home I have so many more stories to share from our trip, photos to be printed and album to be made, no time to feel so sick. My kids all touched base to make sure I was home safe and sound and gave me the sad news that one of my chickens died while I was away. I honestly was relived the rest of them were ok, predators are constantly trying to get at them. I had feared with me away for so long something would get at them but our coop held strong. The chicken that died must have freaked out for some reason and got itself into a bad position and couldn't get out. My daughter had to remove it from the coop, not something I imagine she enjoyed doing. My cat was thrilled to see us back, she is accustomed to lots of loving and attention so even with five different people checking in on her, it wasn't enough. I had thought she'd snub us for leaving but instead she was eager to see us and get back to her pampered life. Feeling so crappy, I could enjoy a bit of pampering as well. With the warm Mediterranean weather behind me, I'll be digging through for warm clothes and boots. I even started a fire in the pellet stove to warm my tired bones. Fall is in the air, leaves are changing color and mornings are crisp and cold, but oh, how I love being home sweet home. 

Comments

  1. Welcome home! So sorry about the chicken…db

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😘❤️🥰T—Hope you feel better💕

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts