Day 424 Mallorca

 

Mallorca was everything I’d hope for and more! Ancient castles, beautiful streets, friendly people and breathtaking views all around. The air had a sweet smell of blooming flowers as you walked along the cobblestone streets filled with rich history. Tim and I walked for a while but had tickets for hop on and off transportation throughout the island, the only way to really see it all. I convinced Tim to hop off to visit a 14th  century castle and go up onto the highest part of the tower. The panoramic vies were stunning. I can imagine how difficult it must have been to protect an island from all sides that long ago. We strolled the streets without thought of yesterdays city pickpockets, visited beautiful cathedrals and soaked in all the culture we could. I took more pictures then I’ll ever look at but didn’t care. This small Spanish island won my heart. Tim and I agreed that we may never visit here again so tried to see it all, not sure we did but we gave it our best. Back on the ship we are once again facing the stresses of where to eat and what entertainment to take in. Since we’ll be at sea all day tomorrow, tim has made me promise to stay out past 1:00am, of course, as I write this he’s napping! A day at sea tomorrow then on to Rome. The weather has been spectacular, low 80’s and sunny. I’ll be sad to see the ship leave this port, could have spent a week here, but Rome awaits 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts