Day 436 What to be?

 

It's hard to take in all the beauty fall brings to New England. The once green leaves are popping with vibrant colors of yellow, orange and red before falling from the trees. I know, I know, that means winter is coming but I honestly don't mind that either! Each season has its own charm along with unique beauty as well as a host of seasonal activities. Now that we're back from our travels, it's time to embrace Autumn, apple picking, pumpkin carving, farm festivals and spooky Halloween fun! Halloween is Tims all time favorite holiday, maybe because his birthday s right after, he thinks all the Halloween parties are for him. He loves dressing up and galavanting in costume. Its never been my favorite holiday, I'm much more of a Christmas or Easter gal but I go along, dress up and go with it. Deciding what to be is always an issue, Tim and I usually have very different ideas, so don't expect the cute couples costumes for us. Each year tends to be the same story, Tim has grand ideas of all the parties we'll attend, I offer to host one to ensure there's a great party, he says no, there will be parties. Each year he is slightly disappointed that there aren't as many parties or they aren't as fun as he had hoped, it's inevitable, with expectations high it's easy to be disappointed. I have now begun the painful task of coming up with a costume idea, ugh. It's even more discouraging when I go online to look and every costume for women has a sexy spin. I don't want to be a sexy pirate or a sexy police women, has Halloween become a day for women to look as trashy as possible? I equally don't want to be a monster or ugly ogre, there has to be a happy medium. I can promise, I won't try to be Barbie at 58 years old, yes, I think age matters. Clearly there's a bit of thought needed to come up with the perfect costume. I had a great idea, Tim is such an avid card player I thought he could be a card shark and I could be queen of hearts, great idea but he's got his own plans I'm sure! I better get thinking up another outfit and get it all together, parties await! Plans are in the making for a fun weekend, I'm resting up, trying to get back into the swing of US time zone, get healthy again and finish unpacking. I have also begun going through my vacation photos, over a thousand, yikes. Trimming them down will be a task, but it's fun looking through them and remembering our fun times. Two weeks away was enough time to really relax and embrace time off, it also makes coming home so much sweeter. My cat has been overjoyed to have us back and of course my chickens are happy with my return, all is right with the world. 

Comments

Popular Posts