Day 438 Birds

 

Still trying to get back into the swing of things here in RI. I've been digging along all week, feeling tired and sick but forging through. I think it all has caught up with me and I find myself completely exhausted. My pets are thrilled with my return home, yes, even the chickens missed me. I finally had a chance to visit with my kids, feels like I haven't seen them in ages. Everyone came over for dinner, a rare thing on a Thursday night, but somehow the stars aligned and cleared schedules so we could all gather for a few hours. My son came over with his new bride and daughter, Rosie, along with my daughter, son in law and boys. I love having the grandchildren all here and adding our new granddaughter to the mix makes me happier than words can express. It was our first family dinner since the wedding and will hopefully become a regular occurrence. With me functioning at half speed it was amazing it all came together at all. My son in law is always quick to help with clean up, clearing dishes and loading the dishwasher. Rosie was also eager to help so the three of us got things picked up in no time. The kids all humored me with all my questions about school, what they are learning, reading and general goings on. I love to hear what's happening with them, trying to keep up with all their new interests. Rosie loves the chickens and would have spent the entire visit outside with them if it hadn't been for sundown and them going off to roost. It was an early night, school night for the kids and early bedtime for me. I'm hoping to be myself again soon, this exhaustion and sickness is for the birds. 

Comments

Popular Posts