Day 442 Cake for Dinner

 

Things are starting to look up as I sleep my way through this cold, jet lag or whatever ailment has a hold of me. I forced myself out of bed at began my day as if I weren't sleepwalking through the day, fake it 'til you make it style. Ever since I got home from vacation I've had a hankering for delicious pastries, not that I can find scrumptious French pastries here but I'm giving it my best attempts. I set out for scones and ended up with apple turnovers, delicious but not the same. If I brought back one thing from vacation it's an appreciation for pastries, my waistline will hate me for it but I can't resist. I need to find a great bakery in RI to feed my new addiction. An even sweeter treat then pastries, I was surprised by a call from my daughter, wanting to meet me for lunch. It's rare for she and I to have alone time together so made for a fabulous lunch. Even though she was over for dinner last week and we talk daily, it felt nice to catch up. We ate at Greggs, a restaurant known for it''s amazing desserts, coincidence? I ordered a few pieces of cake to bring home and to Tims confusion sat down after work with a slice of cake for dinner, Marie Antoinette style. I don't feel well enough to care about exercise or good diets and just want to sleep and eat treats and lounge about. Once I'm feeling better I'll have to work double-time to offset all this lazy debauchery but that's a tomorrow problem. Today I'll just gaze up at the beautiful leaves, appreciate the fall colors as I eat my sweet pastries and cakes. 

Comments

Popular Posts