Day 443 French Tarts


 Welcome to my dreams, filled with delicious French pastries. No, we don't have bakeries like this anywhere I can think of. This photo is of one small section of what was rows and rows of delectable treats. Now you might understand my cravings? The variety of options were mesmerizing and paired with the knowledge that each one tasted as good, if not better than it looked incredibly hard to resist. Shockingly I didn't return from vacation weighing 300 pounds must have been all the walking. I still haven't gotten all my vacation photos developed, but fortunately I'm finally starting to feel normal again, slowly making my way back into real life. I had a dentist appointment for a new crown first thing in the morning, doesn't get more real than that! After that wake up, which took much longer than anticipated, I had a fantastic visit with my son. He and I went out to lunch, my mouth still a bit numb from novocaine but I managed. It was so nice to sit and catch up with him, hearing all about married life and everything going on with him. I love the fact that all my kids still go out of their way to spend time with me and still enjoy my company as much as I enjoy theirs. It's amazing how fast a day off goes by but before I knew it Tim was home and the day was over. We sat on the couch and ate tiny chocolate cream pies, Tim's getting use to my new dinner menus. He also tried on his Halloween costume for me, holy cow will he look fantastic. Since I'll be Marie Antoinette people will think he's King Louis XVI, although you history buffs will know he's really Axel Von Fersen, the Swedish diplomat Marie had a lengthy romance with. No, She wasn't a French tart, just a lonely queen with a dud of a husband, what's a gal to do, sit around and eat pastries all day?? 

Comments

Popular Posts