Day 448 Time

Another fun timehop memory and proof it took a few years for Tim and I to coordinate our outfits. I do think he made a fabulous pirate and I don't make a shabby batgirl, if I do say so myself. Of course I could have been a brunette but where's the Halloween fun in that? I also had on little bat earrings, a bat handbag and had black fingernail polish but even with all that it was tough to keep up with my pirate, who had spent over a hundred dollars on a real sword! This photo was taken thirteen years ago, it was the first Halloween Tim and I were together. Halloween had, and still kind of is, my least favorite holiday, but since I'm a good sport I go all out each year for Tim. I'm more of a Christmas gal, or even Easter, you know, the holidays that bring candy and presents! Tim's Birthday is November 1st so he claims all the Halloween festivities as part of his celebration. This year he's turning sixty and not thrilled about it, seems too old to be true. He doesn't want a party, no acknowledgment of the milestone, maybe he thinks if he ignores it he won't age? He and I will be going out to dinner but he even said no to inviting anyone else! I want him to have exactly what he wants so I'm trying my best to accommodate his lack of fanfare, it sure isn't easy. I'll turn sixty is seventeen months and I'm already thinking about the fabulous party Tim will throw for me! I embrace growing older, so far I haven't hit an age I didn't like and lord knows I wouldn't go back in time for anything. Ok, maybe I'd take my thirty year old body back but otherwise I kind of like the age I am. I bet Tim and I could even resurrect old Halloween costumes from a decade ago, do repeat outfits and no one would know, only time gives you that ability! Tim and I have been chatting about next years costumes and have an idea or two already, time will tell. One thing for sure,  we'll both be older with or without fanfare. 
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts