Day 449 Know your audience

 

Just one more Halloween memory then I'll stop, promise! I can't help myself, it's so fun when these pictures come up on my timehop. A few years ago I set out to be Cleopatra, fabulous, powerful and oozing style. Tim of course had to try and one up me, how can you possibly one up Cleopatra, Jesus!! His white robe, sandals, crown of thorns and long haired wig did the trick. He wasn't wearing underwear, embracing the gown and historic accuracy. Invited to a party at someone's house we didn't know super well we figured we'd go all out, shocking. We were happy with how our outfits came together until we walked into the party and the first thing that greeted us was a giant crucifix. I wasn't sure if my Jesus would be accepted or taken as sacrilegious? Well, we weren't kicked out, but also weren't winning any first place prizes for costumes. Maybe Tim should have upped his game and had a water to wine changing performance, that might have helped. We decided he might want to shelf that costume going forward, or at least know our audience prior to wearing it. He should also listen to me, he would have made a fantastic Caesar or Marc Anthony as I had suggested. I don't typically resurrect costumes, however, to be Cleopatra again I might make an exception,  especially if Tim agrees to play ball and pair up. We have a year to hash that all out and who knows, we might have another idea that is even better? Halloween may not be my favorite but the photos sure are fun, maybe the holiday is growing on me? 

Comments

  1. I think I am going to have to up my game next year! Db

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts