Day 474 Third Wheel

 

Dinner out with friends, watching the boats go by and all the spectacular colors of the sunset. I had invited myself along, delighted my friend and her husband let me crash their date night. All this staying home has started to make me a bit stir crazy. I appreciate Tim needs more time to recuperate and am doing everything in my power to speed it along but wouldn't mind a bit of human contact here and there.  He and I went for a walk yesterday, about a half mile, progress and a good start to getting him out into the world. Otherwise, homebound I began decorating for Christmas and started a few household projects. I have enough projects to last me a year of being home so I better get working! I put the clear candle lights in each window, to start my holiday cheer, makes the house look festive and adds a touch of much needed light during the dark winter months. I suppose I'll be decking the halls more than usual this year, considering I've got time at home to make it all happen. Those beautiful fall flowers and centerpieces are so passe now with Christmas on the horizon, time to switch it all up! One thing I didn't do yesterday was shop, going against the American way of Black Friday shopping frenzy. I experienced that one year and decided I'd avoid it for the rest of my life! I prefer to enjoy my shopping, not be pushed and shoved for bargains. I'll be dragging out the rest of my holiday decor out over the weekend, trying to get it all up early so there's time to enjoy it. I'll be busy decking the halls, walking with my patient and getting out with friends, even if I have to be the third wheel. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts