Day 450 Romance

 

A chilly Halloween night at home calls for a fire, or lighting the pellet stove in this case. The big debate of which one is better, wood stove or pellet stove has been an ongoing discussion between Tim and I. He thinks the pellet stove is bar far the superior heating unit, hands down. He can't start a real fire for beans, makes me  I wonder if this adds to his bold conclusion? I much prefer a real fire, the heat radiates from a real fire beyond what a pellet stove can come close to. I argue that if the power goes out, then what? The pellet stove runs on electricity so in the event of power outage you're also without heat. As you can see, Tim prevailed and I'm living with a pellet stove for the first time in my life. Ok, they are more convenient, cleaner and easier to maintain, if you like those things. There's no need to spend a day stacking wood outside, now you spend a day loading bags of pellets into a shed, if you can find the space. I'm not one of those clean shed people, so finding enough space for tons of pellets isn't easy! I shouldn't complain, the 50lb bags should aid in my workout plans, lugging bags in from the shed each day will have to help?! Don't let all this nay saying make you think I don't for one second love pushing a button and having an instant fire, even if it's not what I consider a real one. With no trick or treaters and a chilly night, a push of the button for instant warmth paired with a home cooked meal, isn't a bad Halloween night. It was also Tims Birthday eve and he proclaimed it his official Birthday once the sun went down. Turning 60 is a big deal so I'll agree to a few days of celebrating. Out of nowhere he asked me how crazy it would be if we both lived to be 90 and were married for another 30 years? If we can always have the warmth of a fire and want nothing more than to spend each night together I think another 30 years would be ok. We may disagree on our stoves but when it comes to loving each other we are thankfully in sync....and Tim says I'm not romantic!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts