Day 462 Comfort

 

Waiting for Tim to come home any day now. Healing takes time, recovery can be slow but soon enough he'll be back home where he belongs. Our cat, Peps is eager to have him back and will be a perfect little pet therapy cat, aka spirit animal. Tim is bound to recover faster once he's home, but springing him from the hospital isn't easy. It was a better day all around, I enjoyed the ease of weekend parking and Tim seemed to turn a corner, improving slightly. Watching his diet has helped with the healing process, no need for American Chop Suey just yet! After the morning visiting hours I went shopping to stock the house will a vast variety of foods suitable to aid his recovery. I've been reading a great deal about what he can and can't eat, the low fiber high sodium diet would kill me but is exactly what he needs. I emptied the groceries onto the kitchen table, too tired to put them away. I didn't even have the energy to send my daily update text to Tims siblings, it seems I'm saying the same thing everyday anyway. Tims making progress...trending in the right direction, doing well, although after a week of this they must know how difficult the week has been. I remember when my dad had open heart surgery, my son and I went to visit him in ICU. The nurse told us he was resting comfortably, to which my son looked at me and said, we clearly have different definitions of comfort. It makes me laugh when I think of it. Here my dad was, tubes, IVs, monitors under the bright lights, not quite the same as being snuggled up on your couch under a blanket, comfort is a relative term I suppose. Using my sons definition, Tim is certainly not comfortable yet, won't be until he's home under a warm blanket with Peps by his side and me bringing him good food.  One thing is sure, we will all appreciate every minute once he's back, might even lock the door and hide alone together for a day or two. Just the two of us and our little spirit animal, sounds kinda nice. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts