Day 464 Luxuries

 

My day began much as it has all week, wake up, eat, shower, drive, search for a parking spot and visit my patient. Well, much to my surprise Tim was finally approved to go home! This news was unexpected but holy cow were we both ready. Once home the real healing begins, good food, sleep and comfortable bed appreciated now more than ever. Peps immediately jumped on the bed to sleep at Tims feet, clearly happy to see his return, maybe she really is his spirit animal? I scurried about fixing dinner, organizing medicines and making sure my patient has everything he needed. Hopefully Tim is taking notes in case our roles are ever reversed, although I can't envision him as a great caregiver so I better remain healthy! The house was warm and peaceful as we sat by the fire, listened to music and chatted without the eavesdropping ears of a roommate. I know I sound spoiled when I say I'd want a private room, but who wouldn't? Tim remarked that his recovery will accelerate, with all the comforts of home and of course my undivided attention, thankful he realizes how lucky he is. I know I've given Tim a hard time for being kind of lazy around the house, but won't that come in handy now? I'm sure I'll entertain him with all  my daily chores, he may even end up with a new appreciation for all I do. One thing is sure, we both appreciate our home sweet home now more than ever.  I especially enjoy having a designated parking spot waiting for me, grateful for the luxury of a driveway! Thankful, blessed,  happy and living a life of luxuries that only home can bring. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts