Day 467 Self Care


 A quick trip to the grocery store began with fresh flowers for myself. After all, I deserve a present for all the work I've been doing, even if I have to buy it for myself. I selected these bright flowers to add a touch of Autumn to my dining room, instantly filling the house with a wonderful fragrance and visual delight. Having beautiful fresh flowers encourages me to clean off the surface of my dining room buffet, the drop point for papers, mail and whatever random items that are in waiting. I have a painting from vacation there, waiting to be framed, a new little dish that hasn't quite found a place, a dozen eggs waiting for pick up and of course jewelry that's waiting to be brought upstairs. My buffet is the focal point of my dining room, a wonderful site when clean, an eyesore when piled with nonsense. I won't fool myself into believing I'll keep it clean, it's too easy of a location to drop things on, doesn't everyone have a spot like that? As Tim begins to feel better I'm sure people will be visiting more and more often, giving me the much needed motivation to pick up a bit. Being home with my patient has me running a bit ragged, cooking, laundry, dishes, managing pain meds, getting him outside, fielding texts, calls and visits added to my already hectic household routines. Needless to say, my trip to the store was almost peaceful as I wheeled my cart up and down each aisle, ignoring the crowd of folks also shopping. As I pulled my list from my pocket I was pleased to read the first item listed, fresh flowers, don't mind if I do. The remainder of the list was geared towards either Thanksgiving dinner or various treats for Tim, but my fragrant prize sat front and center reminding me of the importance of self care. Once home I cut and arranged my flowers into several vases before turning my attention back on my #1 patient. Who knew fresh flowers could do all that? 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts