Day 471 Chocolates

 

A pre-Thanksgiving facial should be on everyones to-do list. Before getting caught up with all the shopping, decorating, prep and cooking I stole a moment to indulge myself in relaxation. Having been a caregiver for the past two weeks, being on the receiving end of pampering was appreciated. I have the very best aesthetician and trust me, finding her wasn't easy. As with all professions, there's a wide range of skill sets out there. It took years of mediocre facials before I found Katie and now I refuse to see anyone else.  I'm finally considered a "regular" client and can snag her best time slots, booking months ahead doesn't hurt either. The frequency of my facials has increased along with my aging process.  Not that I  mind aging, getting old is a privilege but for the love of god could I please do it with nice skin?  I don't even mind winkles, but keep the age spots and sagging away please. The younger me had facials here and there, purely for the enjoyment, the older me understands they are necessary routine maintenance and upkeep. As I lay there on the heated bed focused on the warm steam blowing on my cheeks and Katie massaging potions onto my skin I could feel any of life's stresses leave my body as I fell into total relaxation.  I can't say too much about how wonderful a facial is, or Tim will be booking one for himself in a red hot minute, he spoils himself enough with his routine massages. I return home with a casual, "it was fine" when asked as if I wasn't just indulged in euphoria. Once the pampering is over and the lights brought up a bit I'm left to get myself together but always find a small bottle of water and a few chocolates, small consolation prizes for my time being at an end. Wouldn't it be nice if everything in life ended with a few small pieces of chocolate? I may have to incorporate chocolate onto my Thanksgiving table. I'll blow out the dinner candles and give everyone a piece or two of chocolate, cue the kitchen to close and I'll do it all with beautiful skin.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts