Day 476 Craftiness

 

What a fun day making wreaths with friends, channeling my inner craftiness! This photo makes me laugh since the two wreaths are the same size...goes to show you how misleading pictures can be. Ten of us met at my friends house bringing ribbon, wire, clippings from whatever greens we could find and a bit of bubbly for inspiration. Each wreath came out as unique as the person making it, perfect for the home it would be displayed in. Some added lights, ornaments or bobbles, others pine cones or colored poinsettias, in comparison my wreath was fairly straightforward, just like me. I'm not always a fan of crafting parties but was eager to get out of the house and love the group of ladies gathering. I had spent the morning putting up my Christmas tree, dragging out holiday knick knacks that accumulate in abundance. In order to display my tree I had to move two items of furniture to make room, old houses weren't made for big items. My tree looks beautiful, lights are up, no ornaments on yet, but that's the fun part. Tim once again watched as I scurried around him although he accomplished a few small projects. A new sound bar for our TV was installed and music could be heard throughout the neighborhood, I'm sure. Tim is very good at setting up anything electronic, not so helpful when it comes to decor, although he'd argue that. Fortunately he lets me do my thing and I let him roll with his, somehow it all comes out in the wash. He also lets me prep all the meals, a role I'd happily give up once in a while. After using all my creative skills wreath making I swung by the market and bought a ready made dinner, lazy but necessary. Our market has delicious meals ready to go, pricey but worth it once in a while. Tim was happy to have me home and hear all about my afternoon and delighted with a hot meal. I showed off my wreath and he asked if I was happy with it?? How about saying how nice it is? oh Tim! I quickly corrected him, as I often do, reminding him there's no compliment in his question. Good thing I don't look to him for validation, my wealth of self confidence coming in handy. I hung my beautiful wreath out proudly and will admire my crafting skills throughout the season. Beautiful greens and a big red bow, what's not to love? 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts