485 Trust

 

As I sat in my kitchen sipping my coffee and writing, I looked over and saw Peps, living her best life. She was blissfully sleeping, unafraid of any danger lurking right above her, tail directly under the rail of the rocking chair without care. She loves having both Tim and I at her service throughout the day, letting her outside, back in three minutes later then back out. I'm sure she views us as very well trained humans. While Tim recovers she's right by his side, sleeping next to him and keeping him company throughout the day and night. Pets become members of the family, some more welcome additions than others. Over the years I've had wonderfully friendly cats sprinkled in with a few cats that I could have lived without. The risk is always worth taking for the chance to get a cat like Pep. She's at least ten years old now but still resembles a kitten both with physique and attitude. I watched her sleeping in her precarious spot with envy of her trust in the universe. We should all be that confident in the world around us  and have confidence that everything will work out fine, no matter how uncertain it may appear. During my drive home, after a wonderful dinner with a friend, I came upon a car accident that had completely closed down the road. As I sat at a standstill in traffic I was incredibly sad for the folks involved in the incident. How terrible to have life turned upside down in one instant. The line of traffic I was in was eventually turned around, the road remaining closed and although I didn't see how many cars were involved or the extent of the crash I knew it couldn't be good. It somehow always seems worse when bad things happen right before Christmas, not that it should be but it is. I arrived home to my warm and cheerful house, Tim and Peps waiting for me, happy to see me return and eager to get my attention. With all life's uncertainty's it's nice to have the security of a happy home, loving relationship and the best little spirit animal a household could ask for. Thankful that for today, the universe kept my life, and the lives of my loved ones right side up. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts