Day 482 Company

 

If I were to create a perfect day I couldn't imagine one to be as wonderful as the day I had! Up early prepping and planning for my brother and sister in laws visit, fixing dinner and setting the table. I laughed at what an old lady I am with my table set for dinner by 5am, old but efficient. After scurrying around the house I ran out to get a few errands done and arrived home just in time for a drop in visit from a friend. OK, so he was really here to see Tim, but it was nice to see a friendly face and a sliver of new conversation. Once he left I began my scurrying again, pleasantly interrupted by a text from friends who wanted to stop by, one of them being my Andes candy fan friend. I was thrilled since, on my buffet sat a little pile of gifts for her, holiday Andes so she can dazzle her friends as well as my famous 12 days of Christmas cards and a great photo of the two of us with our holiday wreaths. The three of us began to chat as another friend stopped by, how delightful!! I was still sitting chatting with my old friend when my in-laws arrived, bringing in presents for Tim and treats for me. As entertaining as I believe I am, it was so nice to see Tim engaged in conversation with someone other than me! We all enjoyed a delicious dinner along with more great conversation and wine. I always seem try new recipes out on guests, risky business but fortunately my chicken dish was a hit. My sister in law brought an amazing salad and dessert and the four of us sat for hours, Tim and I more starved for company than food!! After dinner we took a walk down to the park to see the large Christmas tree all lite up. As we walked over the footbridge I snapped this photo, in awe of the cool lighting at dusk and the splendor of my hometown. My perfect day was wrapped up before 6pm and Tim and I snuggled in for the night. Tim continues to say I'm the only one he needs although, after a day filled with visits from family and friends he'd have to agree, life is better with company! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts