Day 483 Why Not?

 

A cold, rainy, Sunday calls for PJ's all day. Tim has perfected the lounge about lifestyle as he continues to recuperate so why not join him for a day? OK, so I didn't lounge about but at least I scurried around in my PJ's. A friend came over first thing in the morning for coffee and to ask my advice about a possible career change. With the pressure of my opinion holding such value I listened and tried my best to give wise guidance. Who knows, whenever there's a fork in the road we will always miss the road not taken, hopefully for the best! Not regretting the what if's might just be the key to happiness?! She left thanking me for my time, coffee and sage advice. Funny thing about advice, I find people ask whoever they know will guide them to the decision they really want anyway, maybe I just validated her thoughts so she could confidently make her own decision? Either way, I was honored to have my opinion hold such value. As she left my son stopped by for a visit and to grab a dozen fresh eggs, happy my girls are still laying. All this while Tim slept peacefully upstairs! He woke up in time for a visit from my daughter and the boys, who were off to hockey all day but wanted to check in and see how he was feeling. Tim was sitting on the couch watching Christmas music, confused, the boys sat down and watched Bing Crosby sing a duet with David Bowie, not sure how long ago that video was made but the retro style making it hard to turn off and was oddly more entertaining than you'd imagine. By mid afternoon I finally broke away long enough to take a shower only to put on clean pj's before my friend arrived for drinks. I arranged all kinds of irresistible snacks, potatoes sticks, cheese puffs, ritz crackers and dip, all the comforts of teenage tastebuds and the kind of snacks we want but hate to admit to loving.  She knows me well enough to appreciate my loungewear, culinary delights and a casual kitchen chat, my favorite. I was happy I didn't have to leave the house, thankful to have friends that I don't have to put real clothes on for and  grateful for a warm house on a cold, rainy day. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts