Day 486 Girl Gang

 

First gift of the season, matching bracelets from my friend for our gang of gals. My friend arrived at dinner with little decorative boxes for each of us containing a small string bracelet with a morse code message. Since non of us read morse code, we're all going with a bit of faith that it actually says what we think it does! Kind of like folks who get tattoos in another language, as if they know what's being written, oh the fun you could have as a tattoo artist.  At least our little message isn't imbedded into our bodies in ink, just a string with morse code, that we all vowed to always wear. Having our little gang together, even for a couple hours was much needed soul food.  Years ago, we all got together a couple nights a week, these days we're lucky to grab a night out once a month! Life gets busy and we are pulled in so many different directions, we all set to pull back and try to carve out a bit more time together going forward. Our dinner chatter always ends up with fitness goals and workouts. They were impressed that I've been running each morning, only two miles but holy cow, it's a hard hit after not working out. One of my good friends had come over for a visit last weekend and as we sat, drinking wine and eating junk food she showed me a waistband expander she bought, offered me one and I thought it was fantastic. Wait, What?! I can't accept defeat and get an expander, knowing I'll be fatter in the weeks to come. This little gadget inspired me to get up off my ass and workout every morning, no matter what. After I write each morning  I now go into my basement and get on my treadmill with a two mile run minimum. Yes, my body hurts, but that darn waist expander is imbedded in my brain as my destiny if I don't. I've also got Tim right on my tail, he's been losing so much weight that if I don't put mine in check, he and I will be wearing the same size jeans. My friends chatted about running a 5k in 2024, I'm not sure I'll take my run to that level but who knows, friends can get us to do crazy things. One member of our group wasn't able to join us last night, imagine how thrilled she'll be to get her bracelet and learn she's got to start running now! Gifts, friends and Christmas cards rolling in, oh, how I love this season! 

Comments

  1. Running?? If any one can get me to do that- it is you ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts