Day 493 Christmas Past

 

A vision from Christmas Past and a beautiful black dress. No, I don't usually wear black, since every other woman on the planet wears it, but once in a while I jump on the bandwagon. After all, I needed a blank backdrop for my fabulous large white bauble necklace. Tim and I haven't attended any holiday parties together this year, hoping we change that before the end of the season. I love Christmas parties, seeing everyone don their favorite fancy dresses and red shirts. Tim sure knows how to fancy up a pair of jeans and carry's himself in such a manner that makes everyone else wish they had worn them too. As much as I love to dress up I appreciate his casual sense of style, we balance each other in more ways than one! With several party invites Tim is contemplating joining me for at least one event.  He had his checkup  and everything looks great, gearing up for surgery #2 the end of January so for now he needs to focus on gaining his strength back. I think a festive party with friends would be good for his mental health and of course mine! I'll go without him if push comes to shove but I'd rather have my jean wearing arm candy by my side and no doubt our friends are suffering from withdrawal after not seeing us for over a month! With Christmas right around the corner we'd better get busy! So much to finish and always so little time, even waking up before dawn doesn't extend the day enough. Shopping to do, parties to attend and the clock ticking. I might put Tim in charge of some online shopping, no doubt he'd come up with a few wild gifts. Don't get me wrong, he's a great gift buyer, just buys things you've never known existed or dreamed of wanting. Last year I received a drink maker, like a Keurig Coffee machine but for cocktails. It requires a lot of space and holds six bottles of booze that it draws from. Each pod is for a different drink so everyone can enjoy a unique cocktail. It's been a hit at parties and after the initial shock at the size and cost I chose to enjoy it and not let my practical side ruin the fun. Thankfully Tim showed me what he was thinking for this year, an electronic game table that can play any came imaginable on the screen. Doesn't sound bad until you see the cost! No, I don't need an electronic game table with a $1,000 price tag!  I told him to wait a few years until the price comes down, he of course said, if we aren't first, we are last. In this case, I don't mind being last, I also like my old school physical board games. On second thought, maybe I shouldn't put him in charge of shopping! He can stick to resting up for a Christmas party or two and drag out his jeans for a bit of holiday fun. 

Comments

  1. “Jean wearing arm candy!” He’s gotta love that Blog Tim reference! Db

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts