Day 494 Christmas Magic

 

Sunrise through stained glass, a beautiful sight to see. This piece hangs in my dining room and shields the view from the road while adding a spectacular focal point. It was handmade by my brother in law, a gift to Tim and I for our wedding. I'm sure my sister put him to the task and I'm glad she did, I love it! It has mostly clear plates and glass with a few light pink added, as per my request. I can't imagine being able to make such a beautiful piece of art, but sure am glad to be the recipient of one! As Christmas approaches I'm more and more committed to making gifts next year, I don't have the time or creativity in me to make it happen this year. I have gotten most of my shopping done, almost at the point of wrapping and organizing who has what and what's needed to balance it all. I remember when my kids were little, painstakingly going through gifts to keep them balanced, but should you balance by cost or wow factor? There's always one kid that has caviar taste who's list would break the bank. My youngest never asked for anything, in fact getting him to give me a wish list was like pulling teeth. One year he wrote a list out asking for the most simple items, new pencils, a chocolate bar, seriously, I could have given him everything on the list for under $20 and no doubt did! As I shopped for a chocolate bar and pencils I had my other sons list with me that asked for everything under the sun. My daughter has always been easy to buy for although never asked for much either, she likes lots of little gifts.  This year we'll be doing a Yankee Swap, making life easier for everyone, although as Mom, I'm still giving each of the kids individual gifts. I'm still searching for the perfect gift for my friend in Florida and running out of time to get something in the mail! With the clock ticking I better make something happen soon!! It doesn't help that she always gives me amazing gifts, has them wrapped and mailed to me weeks before the holiday. Ok, again, next year I'll be more on top of it. This year with Tims surgery and our lives being turned topsy turvy, I can get away with not bringing my A game. His surgery makes celebrating together this year even more special, having family together is something we will never take for granted. Thankful that Christmas falls on a Monday this year, giving me a couple days home to get ready, maybe even wrap a few last minute gifts. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday and this year might be one of the best yet! I'll be up early on Christmas morning, watching the sunrise, waiting for the world to wake up and feel the Christmas magic, but having it all to myself for at bit. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts