Day 496 Rockstars

 

Another Christmas party brimming with cheer and filled with karaoke rockstars. Tim made his first appearance this holiday season, joining me for a fun night but leaving the microphone to me. My friend Donna and I hardly left the stage once we started, singing one song after another. She has a great voice and Tim says I'm very confident and entertaining...I won't quit my day job. One of the best side effects of aging is being able to have pure fun without a care for how it looks, sounds or what anyone else thinks. We had so much fun singing oldies from the likes of Brady Bunch, Partridge Family and other sing a longs that inspired almost everyone to join in. The party was filled with many of our beach club friends but also a large group of the host and hostesses boating friends, the Brady Bunch turned out to be a common thread for everyone and fused both groups together. After hours of festivities, one woman told me she had been intimidated by me when I walked in, said I had a presence? Not sure that's a compliment, I don't view myself as unapproachable, maybe it was all the sparkle I was wearing? It's tough to judge a person within minutes, size them up, determine if they'd make the cut as a new friend or be worth the time to find out, but we all do it. Some people come into your life like sunshine, bringing immediate warmth while others feel like rain clouds, I'll stick with sunshine, thank you. Speaking of sunshine, wow, what a day for it! Melissa and I walked the beach, soaking in the sun. We even had to unzip our winter coats with all the warmth of the winter sun. The ocean looked like a mirror, still, flat and sparkling in the light, the calm before the storm. We walked for miles, the entire length of the beach, picking up the best rocks and shells along the way until my arms were filled with treasures. I spent the afternoon making gifts for a few friends, channeling my inner craftiness and impressing myself with my artistic talents. Thankfully, for the recipients of my gifts, I'm a better artist than singer! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts