Day 497 Change

 

Oh, the difference a day makes! The beach highlights this sentiment, making it worth visiting each day, when possible. When Melissa and I walked the water was peaceful, still and smooth as glass and we unzipped our jackets and soaked in the sunshine. My friend Heather and I were bundled up with hats, coats fully zipped while watching the angry ocean pound the shore. Don't get me wrong, we loved every minute of it, there's really no such thing as a bad beach day. I collected beach treasures as we walked, happy to have a visit with my friend and time to catch up. My treadmill may give me a workout but it can't compare to a real life walk with a friend so I'm destined to do both. I have begun to feel the results from my early morning workouts, more energized and overall feeling less blah. I am determined to continue with my two miles each day, for as long as possible. Bad habits seem to come so easily while good habits take serious determination to solidify into our lives! Too bad eating Cheetos wasn't better for us, I'd be good at that. Like the ocean, our bodies are changeable, fluent and subject to outside forces, also beautiful and strong, even on a stormy day. With Christmas right around the corner you'd think I would be focused more on wrapping, cleaning and making my dinner menu but that darn beach calls to me! At least I've found beautiful rocks for each of my kids, sure to make them smile. I hustled home from the beach in time for my brother and sister in laws visit, happy to see them and thrilled for Tim to have someone to watch football with. I showed off my craft project and was shocked that they had never heard of decoupage. I can't imagine anyone living through the 60's and 70's not coming home from school with mosaic tile hotplates, ashtrays, macrame plant hangers and everything decoupaged. Trends come back around so we're bound to see all these items hit the craft shows soon with the next generation believing it's their craft discovery, not a retro, grade school art project. Although I'm sure they'll have hefty price tags in todays market!  I may even break out my Cray-pas and dazzle everyone with an old school drawing, bet they don't know about Cray-pas! As much as things change, they also stay the same, with everything coming back full circle, art work, crafts the ocean waves and, fingers crossed, fitness levels and smaller dress sizes! Some change can be seen each day, while others require time lapse over months, maybe the saying should be, the difference many days make! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts