Day 498 Impressed




An angry ocean won't be contained, the seawall only made for impressive bursts. The storm had the entire state running for cover, hard rain, historic flooding and high winds that took power down. I was out and about, working, running errands and going about my business although driving at a snails pace due to flooding here and there. Trees were down and had crews out trying to clear them while being drenched in rain as they worked. It would have been a great day to stay home and wrap presents, a job I've been putting off, but neither was meant to be. Although the rain came down hard and the winds whistled all day, I walked through it all feeling accomplished and proud, it was day fourteen for my running two miles each day! I can officially say it is a habit now, one I hope to continue as long as possible. I've seen the time lapse videos of women running and the transformation they go through after months of keeping up with it. I'm not taking any videos but look forward to wearing a bathing suit this summer that is inappropriate for my age! I'll be that old lady, wearing a bikini making people say, "check that old gal out, doesn't she know how old she is"? I smile just thinking about it! I've got months to work on my beach body and a long few months of winter to go before getting there. What I don't have is much time left to get my wrapping done, dinner menu set, food shopping and my house clean!! With kids all coming for the holidays, I better get cracking!! I've been finishing up my handmade gifts, will post photos of my project after Christmas, but am pleased with how awesome they are coming out. I'm usually more excited than the kids on Christmas, always have been and this year is trending in that direction again. I've already made plans with my son for a Christmas morning beach walk, a list of games we'll play and fun projects for everyone!  My holiday excitement is as hard to contain as the ocean on a stormy day. Bring on the Christmas cheer! 
 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts