Day 499 That's a wrap

 

I finally forced myself to organize and wrap all my gifts, well, almost all. I wrapped for almost four hours until crying uncle and going to bed. I've heard of people who put gifts under the tree unwrapped, we'll call them the smart people. Although, there's something exciting about ripping paper, imagining what in the world could be hidden under all that holiday gift wrap. I'm in better shape gift wise, than I thought, only one present left to buy so doable at this point. I made myself crazy searching for a gift I had bought my oldest grandson, no idea where it is!? I'll have to search my car this morning, in case it fell out of the bag but otherwise it's not here. Of course it was the only one of its kind in the store, hopefully with some Christmas magic I'll find it. With most of my wrapping complete I really need to focus my attention on my messy house. By nature I'm a terrible housekeeper, so it's a daunting task. I don't mind a mess but with company coming I need to get moving and pick up or at least hide piles in closets. Wouldn't it be nice if we all had a few extra hours each day during the holiday season? Even if my house isn't up to par for most cleaning standards, I'm beyond excited to have a house full! The house will be a mess with shoes that have been kicked off, dishes left around, piles of clothes, toys and jackets scattered about and just imagining the chaos and noise heading my way makes me smile with excitement. There's no gift under the tree wrapped or unwrapped that can compare with having a house full of children, grandchildren and friends. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts