Day 503 Pretty Little Things

 

Oh, how I love pretty little things, lots and lots of them! I may need for nothing but that doesn't diminish my joy opening a gift that someone bought especially for me. This purple Kate Spade pencil cup is far too pretty for the office so immediately found a home on my bathroom counter. I find it funny when people say I'm difficult to buy for, since I love everything! Making or selecting gifts for someone can be tricky, but as long as you think about what makes them smile, you can't go wrong. My house was overflowing with commotion from sun up to sun down with a revolving door of family coming in throughout the day. My quiet morning, writing, running and errands was pleasantly interrupted by my two year old grandson who joined me in the basement for a movie while I ran. My typical virtual run video replaced by the latest Paw Patrol capers. Throughout the morning we exchanged gifts with my stepdaughter and her family, the kids bursting with excitement at each new toy unwrapped. By noon my son had arrived, my mother stopped by and within no time, I had my youngest son walking in along with my daughter dropping off my two other grandsons. Boys are loud, eat massive amounts of food and have nonstop stories in-between rough housing, entertainment at its best. My grandsons are in their glory when surrounded by their uncles and although they pretend to be annoyed when being thrown into a headlock or wrestled to the ground, we can all see them smile every time they're attacked. My crockpot full of pulled pork was devoured in minutes, the boys ate a dozen scrambled eggs and bacon as a snack and still drank their protein shakes as an after dinner supplement, I may need another trip to the grocery store! As I plan meal after meal I can't wait for all the fun games and holiday treats that will overwhelm our home. As much as I love gifts and holiday fanfare, having my family together is the greatest treasure. Although a smile on someones face when given a gift isn't bad either! I'm not sure who is happier, the gift giver, seeing the joy they've inspired or the gift recipient, knowing someone cared enough about them to carefully select a present just for them.  Either way, it's a win win holiday! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts