Day 507 The year ahead

 

By the end of 2024 I'll know more about highland cows than I ever imagined. My son brought me this calendar from his trip to Scotland, apparently Highland Cows are impressive! I absolutely love receiving gifts that allow me to share the interests of my favorite people. Tims been waiting for a package to be delivered, frustrated that all of his gifts would be arriving the week after Christmas, he's a fun gift giver but not the greatest with timing. When his package arrived I let him open it, unsure if it was a gift for me or more for him? Hopefully it's  more for him, since it's a fancy digital scale that reads weight as well as a host of other health metrics. If I were to buy a scale it would have a dial, tell your weight and that's that. In order to use his, first you need to download an app, create an account, put in age, height stats and prepare to be analyzed. Not sure I'd normally be weighing in after lunch, fully dressed but there I was and will be eager to see what it says in the days to come. The scale tells you how hydrated you are, your BMI, bone mass, visceral fat, muscle mass along with a host of other measurements. All this because Tim had trouble using our old scale. I was content not knowing my health stats on the daily but admit its peaked my curiosity. Maybe I should put my new Highland Cows calendar next to the scale, use it to keep track of my progress with the goal of not becoming as heavy as one of the cows! Just kidding, I'm sure the app will keep track of my stats for me, leaving my calendar to only highlight upcoming fun events and parties.  I do love a new calendar, a fresh new year, a new start with endless possibilities. Life is always full of ups and downs but all in all I'll look back on 2023 and remember all the wonderful adventures, treasured friendships and great visits with family. I'm ready and eager to see what 2024 has to offer, it has a lot to measure up too after such a great year. After checking all my health stats I may have a few measurements to work on myself! Thank goodness we can start fresh every day with a brand new year closing in on us.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts