Day 510 resilient


 wrapping up 2023 with a feeling of accomplishment, eager to see what 2024 brings my way. Instead of making resolutions I'm a fan of opening our minds to the endless possibilities a new year can deliver.  Since I started running 25 days ago, I haven't missed a day and have now added a touch of weights to my routine. My goal is to be in better physical shape, something we should all strive for but gets harder as we age. I remember a doctor telling me that a woman, post menopause, will gain 5 pounds every year. At the time I thought he was exaggerating, clearly that couldn't be true. I look back now and marvel at his spot on prediction, although now determined to prove him wrong. My goal of becoming more physically fit has little to do with what weight I am, more about how strong my body is. Strength, flexibility, muscle tone and overall health is so much more important than what number pounds we weigh in at. The new scale Tim bought measures all the important stats and it's fascinating to track. Of course, as an overachiever, I want all my numbers in the excellent range and have set new goals for myself. These goals are in direct conflict with my desire to socialize, eat, drink and carryon throwing caution to the wind. I suppose a balance will work itself out over time. Balance may be one of life's trickiest challenges, the constant struggle of doing what we know we should and giving in to what we want. That's were discipline comes in, a characteristic to be held in the highest revere and one that I strive for. As the year ahead unfolds I hope to embrace each new experience with enthusiasm and openness of mind. I have no resolutions, not one to focus my energy on the negative. I find it much more productive to focus on goals, ideas, interests and new challenges. We write our own stories each and every day and have the ability to rewrite whenever needed. The human body is resilient, its our minds we need to stretch, it's the only part of our bodies holding us back from being or doing anything. Just look at me, not a writer but here I am a year and a half into writing each and every day, proving to myself each and every day that there are no boundaries I can't break. Oh, how I love the endless possibilities the universe delivers each and every day. I'll be grabbing every second of 2024 and squeezing as much life out of it as possible and I hope to see you do that as well. Set goals, challenge yourself, do something you don't think yourself capable of, stretch your mind and honor your body, be thankful to the universe and Mother Nature and most of all, cherish the people that bring joy into your life...and be sure you're bringing joy to others! 2024 will have to wait, 2023 has one more day to shine!! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts