Day 525 Reminders



 The recent storms have wreaked havoc on inland landscapes as well as the coastline. After my morning routine, which by the way is increasing with additional habit stacking goals, Melissa and I went for our walk along the bike path. We navigated around downed limbs and over branches, appreciative that the larger trees had been cleared. It was downright cold and the windchill added a bite to our cheeks but the sun was out, getting vitamin D is always nice and chatting with a friend is good in any weather. Tim and I had plans with my brother and sister in law, giving me the best excuse not to get started with any household project. They wanted to check out the damage at the beach and were in shock at what they saw. The storms have devastated the shoreline, completely changing the landscape and leaving a coastline virtually unrecognizable. The ocean is gaining size and with that our coast is being forced to retract, in some cases leaving homes with little or no barrier to the crashing waves. Having oceanfront property is a dangerous investment with the risk of a raging ocean claiming land at Mother Natures whim. The ocean had taken over several roads throughout town, leaving residents isolated in their homes without the ability to travel or get help if needed. It makes my dream of waterfront property more specifically a dream for a lakefront or pond front home. Yes, I know I live on a river...but don't we all reach for that golden ring of having just a bit more than we do? It seems to be the American way. I can't see Tim and I moving, unless it were for a waterfront home with a great big party room, oh, boy could we have fun with that! All the destruction happening around us makes us appreciate our home even more, we didn't even lose power, except for a few seconds. Unfortunately, the power outage happened while I was running on my treadmill, the worst possible time for me. If I hadn't been holding on to the handle I would have been thrown off with the sudden jerk of a stop. Although bad timing, my power came right back on while some folks were left without for days, so even with my treadmill fiasco I have no complaints. I'm not sure what has Mother Nature so angry but there's more rain expected this week. It might be a good time for each of us to go out and pick up litter, make an offering and or apology to appease her. Who knows, it can't hurt! A reminder to be kinder to our beautiful earth could be the message, I'm listening! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts