Day 538 Fancy Artwork

 

If you've ever walked into my home you're acutely aware that I have little to no available wall space for new artwork. That didn't stop me for a minute from asking my mother to pick up this amazing piece for me when she spotted it at a thrift shop. She had seen it and immediately knew I would love it, snapped a few photos of it with her fancy I-phone and texted them to me. I was busy packing Tim up to bring him home from the hospital but texted her back with a please buy it! I have a similar piece of a mother and child that I moved to my living room to hang the latest piece in my dining room. If you're not familiar, it's by artist Hyacinthe Kuller, a trailblazing female artist who had a stunning array of collectors with the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor and John Lennon to name a few! This sketch lithograph is signed, numbered 16/175 and titled, "Future Dreams of Two". I'm not sure what it's worth but guessing it would cash in for a far greater price than the $24 my mom paid for it. Not that what its worth matters, I rarely sell any of my beautiful artwork but hopefully when I die someone will realize I didn't fill my home with garbage and cash in on my demise. Hopefully, this small compensation will make up for the months of cleaning they will need to do to weed out of my clutter. My mom has been cleaning out her things, getting everything in order so when she passes it will be easier for us kids to deal with. She's in her eighties but I have a feeling she's cleaning out prematurely and will easily live another ten years or more. Not sure when I should start my pre-death cleaning, guessing today if I'm going to live to be eighty! Tim hasn't seen our new artwork yet, it was hung and pieces rearranged as he settled in, blissfully unaware of all the commotion going on around him. If I didn't blog about it he may not have noticed at all, figuring it was always there.  Here I am, letting the cat out of the bag! Fortunately, he enjoys my excitement over new artwork and my eagerness to cover each inch of wall space I can find.  My new artwork made my day.... almost as much as Tim coming home from the hospital, that was pretty nice too! 

Comments

Popular Posts