Day 548 Ripple Effect

 

Time for a new bathroom faucet, a fresh look and completely different vibe. Choosing semi permanent household decor should never be taken lightly, these choices stay with us for 20-30 years easily! When my kitchen was remodeled almost twenty years ago I made the tough decision to go with formica countertops instead of the trendy and very pricey granite. I couldn't see spending thousands of dollars on countertops, and fortunately am still happy with my choice. Faucets are used more than anything else in my house yet I don't ever think to change them until they start to leak or cause trouble in some way. As soon as my faucet sprouted leaks from the base, I noticed how incredibly outdated and shabby it looked, having overlooked it for years! Like many lazy shoppers, I immediately went on Amazon to search for a new fancy faucet, selecting this sleek black model. Whenever I order something on Amazon my Alexa Show device displays a picture of it and updates me (and anyone else in my kitchen) of what I've bought and when it will be arriving, not always the best feature! This is how Tim was made aware of my latest purchase and it's pending arrival time. He's still home recovering but fortunately feeling well enough for a small household project so set to work as soon as the faucet arrived. Changing it out wasn't too difficult, probably something that should be done every ten years or so, but who am I kidding, this will be my faucet until I'm ninety if I live that long...yikes, may be the last bathroom faucet I ever live with unless I implement the every ten year change! Years ago, I had selected formica counters in my bathroom along with old school linoleum on the bathroom floor, and fortunately I still stand by my selections, I'll get at least another twenty to thirty years out of them. My mother is in the process of ripping out carpet and linoleum to have hardwood floors put in throughout her downstairs, at 84 she's ready for a change and is going for it! Change can be good, uplifting and inspiring, although some things should be left alone, like the mess under my bathroom sink that was unearthed in the process of installation. I now have bins of toiletries to sort through and reorganize under the sink, I'm not even finished with my upstairs yet! The ripple effects of one little change can be immense, new faucet leading to a fresh look for a room, cleaning out of cabinets and a scrutinizing eye on the rest of the house. I foresee a few new updates coming to the house in 2024, and it all begins with a little faucet. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts