Day 544 Write your story


 I absolutely love a walk on the beach, regardless of the season. There's something extra special about a  winter walk, when there's not another soul within reach or sound to be heard, except for the crashing waves. I am still in awe of the changes made to our shorelines from last months storms. The once smooth, pristine sand has been replaced by rocks as far as the eye can see, along with yards of seaweed and other debris. As I walked along I imaged all the treasures that may have been carried to shore from the depths of the ocean floor. Shipwrecks from hundreds of years ago being unearthed and carried to the shore, revealing a host of treasures from history. Maybe a diamond ring, tossed into the ocean after a tragic breakup, finding its way back to land and glistening amongst the rocks, unaware of the misery in represented. Of course I didn't see any of that, but it didn't stop me from looking or daydreaming about all the possibilities. Isn't it wonderful that we can imagine anything we want, daydream and create wonderful stories all for our own entertainment? I wonder about folks who claim to be bored, not sure what that feels like nor do I ever want to find out. When my kids were little they learned very quickly to never use such a word, that five letter word was banned from our household. If they dared to speak it, they were quickly met with a list of tasks to complete, usually cleaning or organizing something, trust me, that word was rarely uttered. Walking outside, be it on the beach, in the woods or along the sidewalk may be more exercise for my mind than my body, but invigorating for both. There's a great big beautiful world filled with mysteries and tales just waiting to be discovered and explored. I can't imagine anything more powerful than our magnificent ocean, it's crushing waves and its relentless desire to devour the shore and anything else that dares to get in its way. Standing at the edge of the water, I can feel the power of Mother Nature, the apparent smallness of my being as well as the knowledge that  I'm as much a part of this universe as all the rocks along the shoreline, exactly where I belong, for at least a fleeting moment. There's stories to be told, our lives are our stories, we get to write them and edit them as often as we see fit...isn't that grand? 

Comments

Popular Posts