Day 545 What a Mess!

 

Time to pick up and clean up the mess I made, ugh. I spent the day cleaning, organizing and weeding through clothes, a task I despise but once done enjoy the fruits of my labor. I discard clothes on chairs, the floor, door knobs or anywhere possible to get out of putting them away, they may sit in a laundry basket, clean and folded for a month before I succumb to addressing them. I find once a shirt is neatly folded inside my bureau drawer, it might as well be on the moon, I'll rarely open a drawer to find it. I'm not sure why it is but my mind prefers to have my options all laid out out where I can see them, not making for the cleanest room or orderly system! Every once in a blue moon I spend a day, organizing, putting things away, lying to myself that I'll keep things tidy this time, maintain the order and not let chaos take over. I have great discipline in many areas but a keeping a neat and tidy bedroom has never been one of them. It's clean, sheets changed each week and bedding washed, areas of the rug not littered with clothes is routinely vacuumed but I admit the tops of my dressers are usually covered with such an array of jewelry and trinkets that dusting is out of the question. I tell my cleaning lady to do the best she can around my mess and admit it appears I work tirelessly against her efforts. I've even gone so far as to tell her if I ask her not to go up there it's because it's beyond reasonable and she should ignore my words and go anyway. My long day of organizing, dusting and putting away a years worth of jewelry discarded carelessly, left me exhausted but happy with the neat outcome. There's more to be done, a few piles to sort through and hopefully a few more bags of clothes for the goodwill, thankfully the lions share of the work is complete. Tim suggested I not spend my entire weekend cleaning, no fun in that, just work, work then more work...one of the many reasons I love him. He easily overlooks any mess I make as if it doesn't exist and has his eye only on me and the fun we can share. Oddly, his messes drive me crazy and I'm quick to have him pick up his things or hang up his clothes. To every Oscar there needs to be a Felix, I seem to have married another Oscar...forcing me out of character to pick up and organize against my nature. I'll carve out some fun over the weekend, but won't give up on my dream of having a neat closet....the downside of all my fabulous dresses is having enough space for them. With my dressers full and cabinet filled with neatly folded clothes, my attention is now on dresses, wish me luck! The challenge of maintaining the tidy room is monumental, the urge to put a pile of clean clothes on the floor to be put away later is strong, let's hope I'm stronger. I'm sure for any neat nicks reading this you can't relate, equally sure there's a few reading that are looking up at a chair piled with clothes waiting to be put away, telling yourself you'll do it soon...maybe tomorrow or a month from now. Our messes doesn't define us, it's all just part of our charm, color me charming! 

Comments

  1. I hope you never loose your love of clothes - when it comes to fashion be unreasonable always 💕

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts