Day 556 Relax and sit back

 

A wonderful winter Valentine's Day to sit back and relax, not for me, but still a great day for it. I had scheduled the day off to bring Tim to his Dr.s appointment so of course in true Rachel fashion, started a project by 5am. This was no ordinary project, I foolishly decided to clean my basement...what was I thinking? I began shelf by shelf, pile after pile, hoeing out, stacks for goodwill, bags of garbage and the mess seemed to grow throughout the morning instead of shrink. My basement could have gotten me on an episode of the hoarders, no joke, so it needed to be done before someone called the shows producers. Of course, I still haven't finished my upstairs projects but with Tim sound asleep all morning upstairs, the basement in need of an overhaul and in a distance that wouldn't wake him, it was a clear choice. I was about 60% finished with my project when I had to stop, shower and get ready for our appointment, leaving the mess for the upcoming three day weekend, I sure do know how to have fun! Tim's doctor was impressed with his progress, amazed at how well he's doing and even gave him the ok to go back to work. He'll still need to take it easy, but he's well on his way to being back in action with no limitations. By the time we headed home we were both super hungry and decided to go out for a bite, our first time dining out since his surgery. We picked my mom up to join us and the three of us enjoyed delicious meals at Mariner Grille, one of our favorite spots. Tim enjoyed ordering and eating whatever he wanted without me nagging at him about his choices, a bit of a Valentine's gift from me. He had given me a big heart shaped (full priced) box of chocolates so dessert was home waiting for me. I'm not sure when he snuck out to buy me chocolates and a card but both were appreciated. His card had kind words to me about how much he appreciates all the care I've given him over the past few months, thanks not needed but of course nice to hear. It was a busy day with no time to sit back and relax, but if I were to take a moment, it would have been right on top of the snow covered chair outside in the sunshine. 

Comments

Popular Posts