Day 560 Let the Games Begin!

 


 While cleaning my basement I pulled out duplicate games to get rid of. How on earth do I have two (or three) of the same game, multiplied by at least twelve?! I stacked up the doubles, took photos and texted my kids, giving them first dibs before all that fun heads to the goodwill. When none of my kids requested battleship I asked them all to double check that they have it, how can any house be without the classic game of strategy and attack? We all got a good laugh when my son suggested his younger brother would want Imaginiff, known to be his least favorite game and one that causes him frustration every time he plays. The premise is silly, imagine if so and so is a potato, what kind of potato would they be, the multiple choice answers follow, couch potato, baked potato, tater tot, etc. My son thinks it's stupid, is the person actually suppose to be the potato?? His brain won't let him think so nonsensical, unlike mine that seeks it out. My game shelf is still overflowing, but at least they are all one of kind now, fingers crossed. Whenever my grandchildren come over they know fun will be had, the entire family will be summoned to the dining room table for a few hours of gameplay. We each have our favorite games, some us are more strategic, others better suited for skill based, while my daughter and I usually dominate the fast paced word games like boggle. For Christmas received a new game that has all kinds of one minute challenges, reminiscent of what would be played at a frat party. My thirteen year old grandson, who typically doesn't love board games, dominated each challenge with ease while the rest of us struggled to complete every task. We still tease him that he's ready for college parties and will dominate beer pong or any every other rambunctious activity they throw at him. Family game nights use to be as scheduled as meatballs and pasta on Wednesdays, not sure why we've all gotten too busy continue this tradition? We squeeze in game nights now when we can, calling family to the table whenever schedules can accomidate, although never often enough. I might try for a monthly game night, weekly would be too much to ask of my adult kids, I may chum them in with a home cooked meal as a ruse. Tricks and meals aren't needed for most of my kids,  it's only  my daughter that dreads the games, but she usually gives in and plays all be it begrudgingly. I've got three big piles of games to donate, already brought at least a dozen more to goodwill and can almost fit the remaining games onto the designated shelf in my basement. I'm sure there's a new game out there just waiting for me to find it. In no time I'll be struggling to clean more space to fit new purchases, but for now...its almost enough! Let the games begin! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts