Day 561 Big Freeze

 

Ice, cold, snow, a typical February in RI and the chilly temps don't seem to be going up anytime soon. We are three weeks away form daylight savings time, dark by 5:30, only makes sense to eat dinner at 4pm. I was up early, scurrying around as I do when my daughter called to see if I wanted to go shopping with her. Although I don't need a single thing, I was happy to join her. As we walked around Marshalls we marveled at the bathing suits, spring and summer clothes, not an item for sale for the current season! My grandson is stuck in the big boot while his broken foot heals, so a pair of warm wool socks for his little toes that stick out would have been nice. With no purchases in hand we shifted our gears and headed to the market, picked up supplies to make a Sheppards pie and headed home. I quickly threw together our meal as she gathered up her family to come over for an early dinner and games. My grandsons  are so busy with sports, school and other social happenings that I'll take whatever time I can get with them! We played a couple fun games and one that needs to be put in the discard stack. It was a movie trivia game but unfortunately was made years ago, so many of the movies hadn't been seen for the young brains and had been seen so long ago for the old brains we could hardly remember! We paired up into two teams to help move the game along, but even that didn't make it much easier so we ended with no winner and packed it up.  We enjoyed an afternoon filled with dinner, games and ice cream, saying goodbye at what felt like 10pm...it was only 6:00! Hard to believe that was that for my three day weekend, where did it go and why did it fly by so quickly? Wouldn't it be nice if the cold month of February flew by as quickly as a holiday weekend? The winter freeze adds to the appreciation of spring and summer, a few months away but I can already start to see it. Although, a dark, cold winter day at the dining room table surrounded by family is about as warm as it gets. 

Comments

Popular Posts