Day 562 Opposites Attract

 

Seems like a good day to throw out an old photo and take a trip down memory lane. This may be one of my favorite pictures of Tim and I. It was our first dress up event together, possibly the first time Timothy ever sported a tuxedo,  not that anyone would have known it. The event was the 2010 South County Hospital Ball, a fancy fundraiser held at the Dunes Club. I had attended each year and had gone solo with my friends the year before so was happy to have a handsome date. We dined and danced and although Tim was way out of his comfort zone he played along, may have even had fun. I remember standing up from the table and as I did, all the men stood, proper etiquette, but something Tim had obviously never seen or done before. I watched the confusion on his face as he stood, looking around, wondering why on earth all the men had risen. Pulling out chairs for ladies, waiting for the gals to take the first bite of food before eating, using all the proper utensils, oh, the rules seemed to be endless for a casual Irish boy. The only rule he was use to is that it's a crime not to finish a beer. Likewise, I had never been to the local pub before dating Tim, never realized so many folks wasted their weekend days away drinking and carrying on. The pub smells like spilled beer, has a concrete floor (no doubt making it easier to wash away the swill) the bathroom has curtains where there should be stall doors, it's loud, dirty and possibly Tims favorite place on earth. If opposites attract, Timothy and I were meant to be!! Although we are both equally forced out of our natural comfort zone, we have tried to embrace and enjoy the new foreign territories. When we go out to dinner, sitting for hours with course after course of small bites and lengthy conversation, Tim will pretend he's not in Hell. Conversely, I know there will be an equal opportunity for us to be in a crowded bar, being crushed by crowds in the middle of a dance floor listening to loud music and I'll be a good sport when drinks are spilled on me. Tim will read this and argue that I'm making it sound as if he was raised by wolves....... not sure I'll have a counter argument for that but in his defense, he sure looked great in a tuxedo! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts