Day 563 Me Time

 

Life gets so busy, pulling us in a million directions with responsibilities, chores and daily routines. Trying to make time for ourselves isn't always easy but certainly rewarding when we find a minute or two to carve out "me time". What the heck is me time?? For me, it's consciously allowing myself to "waste" an hour or so doing whatever I want...usually shopping. I love meandering around store, waiting to see what prized possession will reveal itself to me. There's usually nothing I'm searching for, just enjoy the treasure hunt all by myself. With St. Patrick's Day around the corner, festive party plans afoot, I've been working on an outfit worthy of the holiday and giving my thrift shopping a purpose. My outfit almost complete there was only one final piece left to tie it all together, what were the odds I would find it? Well... after 30 minutes of scouring each rack, there it was, the perfect garment and finishing touch for my holiday garb. Of course, by then I had found a handful of other fabulous items, checking out feeling successful and full of pride after a successful hunt.  It may have only been a small slice of time in the day but it was all mine. I don't talk to anyone while I thrift shop, don't even want to answer my phone, I just wander isles, looking at all the knickknacks, clothes and houseware items that were once important enough to be purchased brand new and found themselves discarded, many with price tags still attached. I look at the old dishes, wonder if the person died, divorced or just tired of the delicate china? I allow my brain to wander, imagining all the possible stories from each piece, usually unaware of anyone around me, in my own zone.  As I leave, I snap back to my day, ready for a restart. The speed of my busy life at times feels like I've been shot out of a rocket and I can only try to catch up. They say, (whoever "they" are) "If you want something done, ask the busiest person you know" a saying that seems to have drawn a target on my forehead! Well, no matter how much gets piled on my plate, I'll always take time for what's important in life, my family, friends and of course, myself...maybe even a fabulous outfit or two! 

Comments

  1. 🥰 I have your pretty green wallet❤️😘





    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts