Day 570 Overlooked

 

Word of the day, fog! I drove over to Bristol during the morning hours, a beautiful town but one that doesn't have an easy travel route. I drove over three bridges, through a half dozen towns until I finally reached my destination. In true Rhode Islander form I  felt as if the 45 minute ride should have been called a trip with a packed lunch and water bottle required. When I approach the first bridge the fog was so thick I could hardly see the roadway in front of me. Driving at an incline, higher and higher into the fog a part of me expected to see King Kong hanging on the top of the bridge through the mist. Each bridge brought its own eerie vibe, limited visibility, mist blowing with air so thick my wipers worked as if it were raining. Bristol is known for hosting the oldest annual parade in the United States on 4th of July and the patriotic atmosphere is omnipresent.  I've never attended the big parade event, typically don't leave South County during the holiday weekend, but might have to put it on my bucket list. What strikes me every time I enter the town is their spectacular street clocks, all Rolex brand! Holy cow, I've never seen a Rolex that size, didn't know they made anything other than watches but here they stand and there's not just one. I mentioned it to someone living in the town and he had no idea, had never really noticed them!! Isn't it funny how we can overlook something we see every single day, seeing it but not actually looking at it? Makes me wonder what I'm overlooking on the daily? I try my best not to get so wrapped up in life's nonsense that I miss looking up at the world around me, but I'm sure I'm as guilty as the next. I'm now filled with curiosity, who put these clocks along the Main Street? Why? I want to visit Bristol again, take a guided tour of the town by someone who knows all the answers and get to the bottom of this! With a spectacular waterfront, I'm sure a nice lunch after all my questions are answered will be in order. I've already selected, the Beach House as my lunchtime destination, where I can sit outside, overlooking the water and feast on my delicious food and all my new found knowledge. My curiosity breaking through even the thickest of fog...as it always does. I'll plan my big trip to Bristol this spring and be sure to pack accordingly for my big trip! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts