Day 571 Night Out

 

What a picture perfect view for my dinner with friends. My friend and I sat down to wait for the rest of our party, we gazed at the ocean, crashing waves and occasional ship traveling by, openly admitting how fortunate we are to live in such a glorious location. Our society has become one of gripers, malcontents and folks that want or expect more than the world gives them...what's up with that? Whatever we have isn't enough and gratitude seems to be at an all time low, sad. I struggle to be sympathetic when I hear the melancholy tales of first world problems. I'm not trying to sound like I'm speaking while sitting on my high horse, I'm as guilty as the next when it comes to complaints, was annoyed with the glare from the candles as I tried to snap a great picture of the ocean.  I'm like most, a work in progress. Also, acutely aware that our health is the only thing that can really alter our state of happiness and hits us all the same regardless of economic standing. I've never heard of a terminally ill person complaining about trivial matters....why would you waste a minute of life complaining about nonsense? I appreciate the lifestyle I have each day, warm, happy home, wonderful children and grandchildren, amazing friendships and of course a husband that provides me with endless entertainment and love. Apparently, laughter is a great stress reducer as well as immune booster, so thank you Timothy! Tim wasn't included in my dinner plans, some nights are exclusively reserved for friends. Sitting with girlfriends, chatting about shoes, clothes, and whatever secret topics we choose, is never dull and should be factored into our schedules more often. Women in general get a bad wrap for not being kind to one another, this hasn't been my life experience. I'm surrounded by women who love and support me and I'm happy to do the same. I often tell my friends how fabulous they look, beautiful they are inside and out and would be the first to celebrate their successes, as I know they would mine. Sitting by the ocean, dining on scrumptious food with friends fed so much more than my belly.... stuffed to the brim with happiness, friendship and gratitude. Now that's a good night out! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts