Day 572 Irish Blessings

 

St. Paddy's Day prep continues including mini gift boxes for party friends. I'm hosting a beach club event for the holiday, along with my friend. We've been gathering festive decor, organizing a delicious meal and working our way to a fabulous affair. Everyone loves getting a little prize so why not fill tiny boxes with fun items and treats? Tim walked by as I worked, carefully placing items equally into each box and commented that it looked like a lot of work, then kept walking. I do love his helpful comments, almost as much as I would have enjoyed another hand in the task. The methodical chore of building boxes then filling each of them as if working on the line of a piece-work job is quite soothing to my brain. Give me a semi mindless task any day and watch me thrive! I purchased festive st. Patricks day themed pins and bracelets and of course a wee bit of green candy for a sweet treat for everyone. An unnecessary touch that makes for a nice surprise for guests.  My friend has bought us matching aprons for when we're serving lunch, oh how fancy we will be! I just love all the little details that bring a party together and create an atmosphere of fun energy. I've already decided we'll have to host this party each year, imagine the possibilities if we have a year to gather items to put it all together? I'm not sure yet what my Irish lad will be wearing, but my outfit has been carefully laid out for weeks, just waiting for me to jump in and party. I need to start brushing up on (or learning from scratch) my Irish pub tunes, working out my Irish trivia and embracing the sound of bagpipes. Not sure what I love more, a festive themed party or all the excitement that leads up to it? It's a good thing Easter comes early this year, I'll need another fun focus to piggyback St. Paddy's day. For now, I'm learning Irish blessings, may have to print some out for tables...the Irish certainly coined a lot of phrases and blessings. One example, "May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live". I've got so much to learn and so little time before the big day! "May the roof above us never fall in and may the friends gathered below it never fall out"...it's going to be difficult to find my favorite blessings, they are all so clever! I may have to print them all and put one into each little box....looks like I'm clever too!! 

Comments

Popular Posts