Day 575 Glitter McJig

 

And so it continues...Searching for all that is Irish, green and festive for the upcoming holiday. My friend Donna and I have been chatting each day with new ideas and discoveries. She found a fun game to create each guests Leprechaun name, oh how I love silly fun. You take the first initial of a persons name and follow the grid to learn what your new first name is and follow it by changing your last name using another grid. My Leprechaun name is Glitter McJig, no surprise to anyone but it did make us laugh. It's going to be so fun to rename all our guests!! I imagine we'll get a few Grumpy McDougall's but that won't stop us and hopefully our party cheer will be contagious. At the very least, party planning gives us a fun project to focus on, a wonderful mental escape during the week. It's important to keep our focus on fun times, good friends and future shenanigans. I'm really not sure what's more fun, the weeks of planning or the party itself, at this point the party has a lot to live up to!! People continue to RSVP, our final count to the caterer is due by the end of the week, I may need a few more gift boxes! Tim said he felt badly for the folks that aren't attending, they have no idea what they'll be missing. If my Irish lad is happy with our event then I'll consider it a success, his standards are high for his favorite holiday. In news other than parties, I've continued with my running each morning and have added a full body walking fitness routine I found on YouTube. Pretty much every muscle in my body hurts every minute of the day, but progress is coming. I'd like to be back to my fit self, the past few years have been the only years my body has ever been out of shape and I can't say I like it! With all that sleek, toned fitness comes aches and pains that the world never feels, they only see the fit part. When I began my quest to get back into shape back in December, I earmarked my Birthday as my check in mark, a month away now I may need to up my game a bit more...but it's happening. My goal is to be the old lady on the beach wearing a bathing suite that boarders on inappropriate... I'll be rocking a bikini at age 59 with no apologies for it (don't worry, the bottom will have full coverage)! Oh, the fun I'll have shopping for new swimwear this spring. With so much happening, it's no wonder I wake up at the crack of dawn, parties to plan, workouts to finish, bathing suites to shop for...Glitter McJig better get moving! 

Comments

Popular Posts